Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Back to life, back to reality

Normal. Normal things, normal life, normal emotions. I like normal. I like being able to make plans that are good for me and for my family, that will enhance what I have, not make me wonder what it might be like to be normal.

I like walking in the countryside, running up a hill with my child, lying on the grass at an event and drinking beer. I like the fact that I spent three days working 13 hours per day in the sun, on my feet and all I felt was satisfaction at a job well done. I loved inviting him to spend that time with me knowing that he'd walk all day with me, he'd lie in the sun, he too would feel nothing but satisfaction at a job well done. He and I are just in that blissful getting to know you stage but already, all those normal things that I love, he loves too.

This isn't about D/s actually although he is a dominant, red-blooded male. It isn't about labels, about being let down with false promises or 'when the time is right' statements. It's about mutual respect for our own positions in this relationship. It's about understanding what is needed and what is wanted without the muddle of what is 'right' and what is 'correct'. It's D/s without the BS and I love it. Normal. Bliss.

No comments: